James E. Hofer Scholarship Program
James E. Hofer Scholarship Program was developed in 2010 to encourage professional development of MGMA of Greater St. Louis individual members and group practices. The scholarships are named in honor of long time member James Hofer whose years of contribution to the organization are remembered long after his passing.
To be eligible for the James E. Hofer ACMPE Certification Scholarship, applicants must meet the criteria outlined below:
- Must be a member in good standing of the MGMA of Greater St. Louis.
- Must meet the requirements or be working toward National MGMA ACMPE Certification: http://www.mgma.com/education-certification/medical-practice-management-certification-through
- Candidate must be available to attend MGMA of Greater St. Louis meetings and conferences to ensure opportunity for professional growth.
- Scholarship Committee members are not eligible. However, employees of their practices are eligible if they meet the other criteria.
- Must be willing to participate in a chapter CMPE Coaching program.
The annual scholarship term is for one year, non-renewable and includes:
- One year membership in MGMA of Greater St. Louis.
- Complimentary meeting registration to each local meeting.
- Complimentary registration to the MGMA of Greater St. Louis Fall Conference.
- One complimentary registration to the MGMA State Conference.
- $1,000 of scholarship reimbursement to be used for all expenses, study materials, and application fees for ACMPE Board Certification.
- All benefits and funds must be expended during the calendar year 2018.
Complete applications must be received by October 20, 2017.
Please click here for more information and application.
Congratulations to the 2017 Scholarship Recipient:
- Stephanie Stonebraker, SSM Health Medical Group, received the James E. Hofer ACMPE Certification Scholarship Application
Congratulations to the 2016 Scholarship Recipient:
- Gregory Thompson, Assistant Practice Manager, Clayton Medical Associates, P.C. received the James E. Hofer ACMPE Certification Scholarship.
“With an initial background in non-profit management, I am striving to complete the transition to healthcare management. Becoming board certified will be the most helpful way to make sure I am doing everything for my practice to the best of my ability.”
- Barbara Faupel, MA is the Practice Manager of Allergy Consultants, a four-doctor practice in Creve Coeur and winner of The James E. Hofer 2015 ACMPE Certification Scholarship
The James E. Hofer Aspiring Leader Scholarship has given me many opportunities that I may not have had otherwise. It has allowed me to attend the local MGMA meetings and network with my peers. It has also allowed me to join MGMA National and apply for the ACMPE certification. This scholarship is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to further their career in the medical field.
Jennifer Campbell, CPC
Business Office Supervisor
Chester Medical Group
The James E. Hofer Scholarship has enabled us to send two managers and/or staff to several local healthcare educational forums. This has helped broaden not only their personal knowledge but also their viewpoint and understanding of the issues all practices are facing. The Scholarship has provided the means for them to listen, learn, and participate with peers from the greater St. Louis area. Our practice is better for this opportunity.
Leslie P. Pettet, FACMPE
Division of Dermatology